It is always a cause of concern when it comes to changing mobile phones as it is about a lot of transfer of data from one mobile to another which is very time-consuming and tiring at the same time. Also, the stress of missing out on some important data while transferring it to the other device makes us totally worried.
In our previous article, we discussed how you can transfer all your contacts from an iPhone to an android device in three easy ways. However, this time we will discuss in detail how you can transfer Whatsapp data from android to iPhone without missing out on any data.
Copy WhatsApp Chat from Android to iPhone 7 Using History Backup
You can simply copy your Whatsapp data from android in the following way.
- Open your Whatsapp
- Go to Whatsapp Settings
- Open a chat
- Tap on the backup option
- Uninstall Whatsapp from your android to open it with the same number on your iPhone.
- Open your Whatsapp on iPhone
- Restore all the files in Whatsapp which are stored in the Whatsapp cloud.
- You can tick on to restore chats with media to get all your pictures and videos shared on Whatsapp
- Once the restoration process is done, all your data from Whatsapp will be saved on your iPhone.
It will take a lot of time to restore all the Whatsapp chats, you have to wait with patience.
Transfer Whatsapp data using email
Here is another easy way to transfer all your Whatsapp data from android to iPhone by email. Follow the steps below.
- Open Whatsapp
- Click on Whatsapp settings
- Open chat settings
- Then open chat history
- Click on to email chat
- Select the Whatsapp chat history file that you want to transfer (you can choose to include media or not)
- Now go to the sending page
- Download and open Whatsapp on your iPhone and send the chat history to it.
- Although you may not be able to view your Whatsapp media like before you will have access to it.
Transfer Whatsapp data from android to iPhone using iCareFone
iCareFone is a platform that allows you to connect your Android and iPhone to your computer and transfer your Whatsapp data from one device to other. Although this procedure is a little lengthy it is a better option to transfer your Whatsapp data than other methods we mentioned above.
- Download Tenorshare iCareFone which is for Whatsapp on your computer.
- Connect your Android and iPhone with it
- Confirm all the notifications related to the software
- Then backup the Whatsapp data on your source device
- You are then required to verify your Whatsapp account for which you will be asked your number and country code.
- Press verify
- Enter the 6 digit WhatsApp code which you have received
- Once your data is secured, the software will automatically save data and restore it to the targeted device.
- The restoration process will take few minutes. Keep a good internet connection so that the procedure takes less time.
- After the data has been restored on your iPhone, it will restart automatically.
- Once the transfer is complete you have to log in to your account to see if the data is visible after the transfer has been done.
No computer? Use Wutsapper app to trasnfer your Whatsapp data
Those who do not have a laptop or Pc, they can download the Wutsapper app from the Google Playstore. Wutsapper allows you to transfer your Whatsapp data from android to iPhone without a computer. You should have two phones and an OTG cable to transfer.
- Download Wutsapper from Playstore
- Open the app
- Backup your Whatsapp data
- Get an OTG cable and connect both your phones with it.
- As soon as you will connect both phones, a notification will appear on both phones. Click trust to proceed.
- Enter the phone number that you have been using for your Whatsapp
- Wutsapper will parse your Whatsapp backup which will take a while
- Then tap on Start to transfer your Whatsapp and then wait
- Once the transfer is complete your iPhone will restart on its own.
Switch numbers to transfer your Whatsapp data
Although some people believe it is a risky method as you may lose your data completely, it is not. All you have to do is own two sim cards. The one should which you have been using for your Whatsapp lately and another one can be for your personal need. However, those who do not have two sim cards can simply check other methods. There is no need to get a new sim card, especially for this purpose.
- Insert the sim card and take out the older one
- Put the older sim to another phone as you have to make sure both numbers are operational.
- Open Whatsapp and go to its settings.
- Tap on the account and open the change number option
- Read all the instructions to change your number then tap on the next option
- Add your old and new numbers in the respective fields and proceed
- A new code will be sent to the original Whatsapp which you have to use for verification.
- Once this is done, you can take a backup on your local storage from your new phone number to move it to the iPhone.
These are all the five methods you can use to transfer your Whatsapp data from Android to iPhone. All these methods are easy and tested upon. For other mobile tips visit Mobilesly.