We all want privacy when it comes to our mobile phones and when it is the new phones, they are developed in a way to assure you a full privacy check. The latest phones in the market have app locks, app hiders, and whatnot that even you may not know about what your phone contains. However, for the older phones, privacy features lack to some extent. You may not find a built-in apps lock or app hider in your old mobile phone. But that doesn’t mean you can’t do anything about it. In our today’s article, we will discuss the ways you can hide apps on android device.
Hiding apps on Samsung or LG
If you have a Samsung mobile, this is how you can hide apps on Samsung.
- Open your android settings
- Tap display option which has a green icon
- Then tap on the Home screen
- Scroll down to see the option of Hide App at the bottom of the page
- Then tap on the app you want to hide. It can be more than one application.
- Once you are done, tap on the option Done
Hiding apps on Oneplus
If you own an Oneplus phone and wondering how to hide apps in it, this is how you will do.
- Open the app drawer by swiping on your home screen.
- Swipe right, there is a hidden space folder
- Then tap on the + icon at the top right corner of your phone.
- Select the apps you want to hide, can be more than one.
- You can also set a password to have access to the hidden space. However, this is totally optional.
- Select the tip mark on the top right of your screen to save your changes.
Hiding apps on Huawei
For Huawei users, you can hide your apps by the following way.
- Open Settings of your android
- Go to privacy and protection
- You will see some additional settings. Click on the Private Space
- You will see an option Enable, click on it. It will activate your private space.
- Once your private space is enabled, you can get access to it from the lock screen by putting in the password.
Hiding apps on Xiaomi
To hide apps on Xiaomi you have to follow the steps.
- Click on the Security
- Then tap on the icon for app lock
- Then select the app you want to hide.
You can also create a second space on your phone. All Xiaomi phones have this option. To create a second space follow these steps.
- Go to Settings
- Scroll and find the Second Space option
- Tap on the option Turn on Second space
- It will take some time to load and create a second space. After this, you will see the text Created Successfully. Tap on Continue.
- You will be asked to enter a password for your second space.
- Tap on to Set now.
- You will also be asked for your first space password.
To get out of your second space, scroll your screen and click on Go to first space.
Hide apps with the help of third party apps.
There are certain apps designed for android devices that you can download and use to hide other applications on your phones. Mobilesly has created a list of all these apps you can download.
- App Hider
- Dialer lock App hider
- Notepad Vault App Hider
- X App hider
- Privacy Master
These apps have different ways of functioning and all are free to use. You can also turn on the guest mode if you are handing over your phone to someone to keep your private data safe.
It is often a difficult thing to transfer all your data from one phone to another and whenever the idea of changing the phone occurs, we do feel reluctant to transfer all our data from the old phone to the new phone. Not only this is a very time-consuming and tiring job but also we feel that we may not be able to transfer our data safely on the other phone. When it comes to iOS devices it is more of a big deal. But it was for the old times when easy ways didn’t make ways in our lives. Now everything is very easy from transferring photos, videos, and other documents, now it is no big deal to transfer your contacts from iPhone to an android device. It hardly takes some minutes. You can find out how to do so on our website. Mobilesly has various articles on mobile tips.